Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Momma's Birthday Cake



Sometimes I complain about my little cheap-o camera. But once in a great while there is something so photogenic that even my fujifilm can't help but capture a tidbit of its splendor.

There are two things consistent and predictable in this world. They are: God's undying love and Momma's birthday cake. In fact, I know that the second is the fruit of the first. Only a truly loving God would give me such a dear mother that I don't deserve. Only a blessed woman would make her own birthday cake year after year--and share it.~Birthday Cake Frosting~


9 Tbs. lemon juice


1 can sweetened condensed milk


1/2 cup powdered sugar


1/2 pint whipping cream


green food coloring


Whip and fold in whipping cream. If you can keep yourself from eating most of it, cut the cake in half horizontally and fill in before you frost the top. Momma puts a clean piece of paper over the hole so that the cake has a nice clean look.
Enjoy.


The only cake in this house all year that isn't chocolate. :)

2 comments:

  1. That frosting looks fabulous.

    Was it a carrot cake underneath, or are the vegetables on the recipe card just trying to throw me off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The veggies are indeed a diversion. Though carrot cake would be marvelous, Momma's birthday cake is always angelfood. From a box.

    ReplyDelete