Wednesday, September 4, 2013

In Which the Author Muddles Through an Explanation

I went back and forth on attempting to write a post today. Then I glanced at the last post and realized that it has been two years on the day since then. It is fate. It is a sign. The sign of a lazy blogger.
Perhaps I can explain by pointing out several big fat time consuming things I have accomplished since the last time I wrote.
Oh, goodness. I take back the words, "I have accomplished." What has happened in my life is the result of a merciful, generous and wonderful Heavenly Father who lavishes His Grace and blessings on me. Not my doing.

Here are some of the gifts I have been given in the past two years. There are many, but the big four are the following.

-Husband. Quite unsuspectingly I was snatched up in a friendship that turned into a fianceeship that turned into a marriage. I now find myself married for just over a year to a dashingly handsome fellow who surprises me every day with his patience, kindness, and ability to make ridiculous puns and delicious food. We were married at my home congregation on July 27th, 2012, amongst beaming family and friends.

-Missionary family. My father was given a call to serve the Lutheran Church in Sri Lanka, and my mother and two brothers were set into a flurry of fundraising and road trips all over the country to do so. They are currently waiting for the go-ahead to deploy (or to be deplorable, as they fondly say), which will hopefully happen within the next few months, depending on visas.

-Child. One year ago yesterday my husband bought me flowers, orange juice, and a pregnancy test. Not long after we saw our little son, only three centimeters big, on the ultrasound-ten weeks old. Little C is a third of a year old today. No, he wasn’t planned, no, he wasn’t a surprise, yes, he is a good baby, and I’d rather not talk about how he sleeps. He is smiley and bright-eyed and more than sufficiently chubby. I find myself happily living out my days as a stay at home momma and wife, naively starting things like knitting projects and blogs, thinking I’ll have time for them. 


-Hearth and Home. The whereabouts of my current life is St. Louis. Not long after that whole getting married thing my husband and I (and in-the-womb bambino) had a crazy few months of wandering and ended up in St. Louis, MO. We have an increasingly home-y apartment and my husband has a brilliant job as a dining services manager at a local schnazzy nursing home. We are not far from his family, and have a lovely church family.

Now, my friends, this post may have many to follow, but perhaps not. I shall give you no promises, for promises are, I have been told, as pie crusts. Easily made and just as easily filled with syrupy berries and devoured with voracity. Or however the saying goes.
Cheers.
This beautiful piece hangs above my nursing chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment